Kindergarten Camp Registration Now Open
According to the 2013 Community Focus Report, at least 1 in 5 children enter kindergarten in Springfield unprepared. Community Partnership of the Ozarks is focused on increasing school readiness among our children, and this year we are partnering with Springfield Public Schools to expand our Kindergarten Camp program to serve more children in their home schools and with their future teachers.
In its 6th year, Kindergarten Camp is a one-week, hands-on pre-kindergarten program for four and five-year olds in Springfield, MO who will be attending kindergarten in fall 2014. The FREE, half-day program teaches kindergarten readiness skills through age-appropriate classroom activities.
To be eligible, a child must turn five years old before August 1, 2014.
Kindergarten Camp Quick Facts
- Kindergarten camp is a half-day program, morning (9-11:30am) or afternoon (12:30-3pm).
- Classes are free of charge.
- All supplies will be provided.
- A snack will be provided each day.
- Transportation is NOT provided. Parents will need to provide transportation.
- Class size is limited to 15 students per classroom, per session.
- Kindergarten camp will be held at 10 SPS elementary schools – school sites will be chosen based upon expressed interest through pre-registrations for camp.
- To participate, a completed registration form must be submitted by May 30 to Community Partnership of the Ozarks, 330 N. Jefferson, Springfield, MO 65806.
- Registration can also be completed online at www.commpartnership.org/kindergartencamp.
In order to participate in Kindergarten Camp, children must register at his/her home school and complete a developmental screening. Families should contact their home school to set-up a time to get registered before the end of this school year.