What Is Hope Connection?
HOPE Connection is a one day, one-stop service site for the Ozarks’ homeless population to gain access to vital services. Most importantly, the event is outcome oriented. It is not just a day for people to wait in line for information on resources available in the community, but a day for people to make changes and have immediate access to essential services. HOPE Connection expects to serve more than 650 homeless and poverty stricken individuals this year, connecting them with services from 70+ agencies including education, employment, healthcare, housing and more. HOPE Connection will again include a Veterans’ Stand Down, providing enhanced direct services for our area’s homeless veterans.
Perhaps the most unique component of this event is the connection of volunteers that act as an event host for each individual who is homeless and seeking services. This one-to-one attention helps them feel valued and supported in their day’s activities.
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Springfield Expo Center: 635 E. St. Louis Street
Time Until HOPE Connection 2016
Volunteers are needed to serve as event Guides; registration will be open through 10/28. Each volunteer will be matched with a Guest who is seeking services. Guides help navigate services and provide one on one support throughout the Guest’s time at HOPE Connection/Stand Down. Volunteers must be available from 8:30 am – 3:30 pm on Wednesday November 16 and be able to attend a 30 minute training between 3:00 pm and 6:30 pm on Tuesday, November 15. Lunch and a T-shirt will be provided to volunteers. Please note:
- Each volunteer must register individually.
- When you click to sign up as a Guide, you will be directed to United Way of St. Louis’ 211 Volunteer Center to register. Information collected will only be used for communication from Community Partnership regarding HOPE Connection/Stand Down.
- Please read our Volunteer Waiver before registering.
- Upon registration, you will select a time shift for training; this registers you as a Guide for the event on Wednesday, 11/16. Trainings will be conducted on Tuesday 11/15 every 20 minutes between 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm; we ask that you attend a training at any point during the hour shift that you sign up for.
- Question? Please email email@example.com.