TEEN DATING VIOLENCE
WHAT MY PARENTS THINK I'M DOING
81% of parents believe teen dating violence is not an issue or admit they don’t know if it’s an issue.
How Do I Start the Conversation?
- Are any of your friends dating?
- What are their relationships like?
- Do you know what you would do if you witnessed or experienced dating violence?
- Would it be weird if someone you were dating texted you all day to see what you’re doing?
WHAT MY FRIENDS THINK I'M DOING
67% of teens who were in a violent relationship never told anyone about the abuse.
Is your friend in a violent relationship?
- Significant other gets extremely jealous
- Unexplained marks or bruises
- Significant other excessively text or stalks social media
- Stops participating in activities or other interest
- Stops spending time with other friends and family
- Begins to dress differently
WHAT IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING
1 in 3 Teens experience dating abuse.
Know the Facts
- The severity of intimate partner violence is often greater in cases where the pattern of abuse was established in adolescence.
- Individuals affected by teen dating violence are at higher risk for substance abuse, eating disorders, risky sexual behavior and further domestic violence.