A tool library works like a traditional library, but it lends tools instead of books. It’s a great resource for people who want to use tools, but don’t need them (or have a place to store them) all the time.
The Springfield Tool Library, the only program of its kind in the state, lends out home repair and gardening tools to Springfield residents and community groups. For a limited time, annual memberships are reduced to only $20/household, and there are no additional check-out fees! You can borrow up to 5 tools at a time, and keep them for one week.
The Springfield Tool Library is located at 1471 N. Benton Ave and open on Wednesdays from 3:00 – 6:00. Additional openings are available by appointment only- please call 888-2020 for more information.
Joining the Springfield Tool Library is simple, and your membership fee helps purchase new tools. Are you planning to do-it-yourself for a long time, and save some money? If so, consider joining the Springfield Tool Library as a life-time member, for only $200. Additionally, gift certificates to the Springfield Tool Library make a great gift!
- Apply For Membership
- Online – Click the link below to apply and pay online
- By Mail – Print out the attached application and mail it with your payment to the address listed on the application
- In-Person – Stop by the Springfield Tool Library at 1471 N. Benton Avenue on Wednesdays between 3:00-6:00PM to fill out an application and pay your membership fee (No Credit Card Payments. Exact Cash or Check Only)
- Stop by the Springfield Tool Library at 1471 N. Benton on any Wednesday between 3:00-6:00PM to fill out additional paperwork and pickup your membership card.
- Start borrowing from the Springfield Tool Library.
There are several ways that you can help make the Springfield Tool Library a successful and sustainable program. Have an idea? Please contact us using the form below.
- Help us spread the word! Tell people about the Springfield Tool Library
- Donate your time: The Springfield Tool library is always looking for creative ways to partner with area businesses and residents. If you are interested in sponsoring a class, please fill out the form below. If you are interested in volunteering with us, please fill out a volunteer application at www.commpartnership.org/volunteer.
- Donate Tools: Cleaning out your garage or basement? Got some extra tools laying around? The Springfield Tool Library is a program of Community Partnership of the Ozarks, a registered 501(C)(3) non-profit. That means any donations to the Library, whether monetary or in the form of tools, are tax deductible! View our wish list.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor of the Springfield Tool Library, or donating tools/funds to the library, please contact us using the form below. Sponsorship options include promotion through social media, logos placed on membership cards, Tool Library literature, or even the tools themselves!